I am a Law Institute of Victoria accredited costs law specialist and I have practised as a costs lawyer since 2005. On 12 December 2011 I commenced my own costs law practice.
I specialise in:
Supreme Court of Victoria, Federal Court and High Court of Australia litigation costs; and
Security for costs and other expert reports.
In civil proceedings I can:
- Provide strategic legal costing advice during the course of the litigation or during the costs recovery process;
- Prepare bills of costs in taxable form;
- Prepare objections to bills of costs;
- Appear on taxations of costs;
- Appear at mediations of cost disputes;
- Provide advice or prepare written submissions on legal costs issues including the interpretation of costs orders, apportionment of costs, joint and several liability;
- Advise on, or act on your behalf in, settlement negotiations of costs, prepare offers of compromise and Calderbank letters and estimate likely taxed costs;
- Give expert evidence on costs issues including security for costs applications and applications for gross sum cost orders.